Subject: Re: Ricoh lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 11:52:57 -0700

At 11:11 AM 10/22/97 GMT, you wrote:

>A far better question is why would you want one? I have the GR-1 itself,
>and while I like using the tiny camera, the lens isn't its strong suit. As
>P&S cameras go the lens on the Nikon 28Ti is a more detailed lens with
>about the same corner fall-off at 2.8. My Rokkor 28 for M is a much nicer
>lens if you want a tiny 28.
>
>I don't get it.
>
>Tom

Being basically an R person, and defending, from the R side, the R bashing
that went on, and the adamant throngs that screamed and yelled that the
Leica RF is the only Leica, etc, etc, etc... ad nauseum. Now this "LEICA"
RF bunch is making a big commotion over a lens that is from a Japanese
POINT & SHOOT, stuck in a Leica mount. This is, of course, after extolling
the virtues of the "Leica" M/SM lens' Bokeh.

I don't get it.

Jim