Subject: Re: DAG & Chatterton
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 02:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

  Talked with two Don's Sunday at the Bagnall Camera Expo.
 Don Goldberg is visiting So. CA  with his wife and new baby.
 He says that he is getting a little caught up in his Leica re-
 pairs now & is only about 3 weeks behind .

   Don Chatterton said that he was upset about all the rumors
 being spread about the break-in to his house in Seattle and
 recieved more than a dozen calls about orders that were in
 process "Not to worry, nothing was stolen" only some van-
 dalism to his computers, which were backed up.  Burglars
 cut the alarm wires but Don kept all valuables in large bank
 type vault.  He doesn't sell directly to residents of Washington
 for obvious reasons.

    Finally, it should be a little quiet on the LUG this week-end
 as many members will be in Charlotte, NC for the annual Leica
 Historical Society meeting, which Roy Moss will host.  Luggers
 Tom Abrahamsson and Gary Todoroff were nominated to be
 Directors at Large.  The Society has evolved from being just a
 Leica Collectors Group to predominantly Leica users that are
 some-what of a collector also, in that they own several Leica's
 & lens.  I have been just a shooter for over 40 years & when I
 retired, I found that I had amassed a small fortune in Leica gear
 and have been selling it off since 1989 to pay for my wifes trips
 to Africa on Camera Safaris.

 Marvin Moss

 Oops - I left out fellow LUGger Bill Grimwood, who is the Leica
 Image Chairman of the LHSA & my apologies to any others that
 that I have inadvertently ommited.