Subject: Re: 3F
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 07:21:36 -0400

I always check the synch setting of "f" cameras as follows.

I remove the baseplate and slip a white index card into the film plane. I
then remove the lens, connect a small flash and fire it into the lens
opening while looking at the shutter. I watch for a full rectangular
opening of white. If the flash is not firing at the proper moment the edge
of the opening will will appear "fuzzy." I adjust the synch dial until I
can see a distinct white rectangle. That it is the synch dial setting I
then use on that body.

kw

>Questions; the flash seems to work if I rotate the dial off 0 to one or two
>but not when set on 0. It is a black dial model. Any comments?
>
>Alastair Firkin,
>
>http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/AGFhmpg.html

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>