Subject: Re: Noctilux
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 17:22:24 GMT

At 21:12 26/10/97 +1100, you wrote:

>>>Has anyone tested how much light fall-off the Noctilux f1 has? On a
>>>lens like this I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 1 stop. Anyone
>>>know?
>>Three stops in the outer corners.
>>Erwin
>
>Wow. 3 stops. Is this very noticable on your average photo? Does it
>look like vignetting?

Sometimes it makes a big difference, sometimes I forget there is any
vignetting at all. I've used this lens mostly wide open, and on the old
Infrared Ektachrome, which has a tendency to go black in the underexposed
areas, the slides look like there is something badly wrong with the
equipment. But this is not an ideal combination. I've got slides on
Kodachrome 200 which look fine. The vignetting is there if you look hard,
but the pictures look really good and don't suffer for it. In my opinion! I
use this lens because I like the results- a lot. I just use other lenses for
Infrared...

Joe Berenbaum