Subject: Re: Special M6's
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:53:33 -0500

At 01:09 AM 10/27/97 +0000, Danny Gonzales wrote:
>There's plenty of examples in every SB issue for my side of the equation
(besides my
>personal experience). Where's the solid evidence to back up Marc, Marvin
and yours?

Danny

The prices in SB are ASKING prices, not SELLING prices.  Be wary of relying
on them.  Hang around one of the big dealer's tables at a show, and see how
rapidly these ASKING prices are reduced when Hard Green Cash comes into the
picture.

Any given dealer on any given day might have a specific customer who wants
a specific camera.  That obviously effects the equation quite a bit.  (I
have a standing order for E34 filters at a certain price.  That affects
what I will pay for these, but it gives me impetus when I find out about a
lot to at least enquire about them.  Generally, I find I can dicker down to
an agreeable price whereby my customer is made happy and so am I.)

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315