Subject: a couple of questions
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@europa.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:45:20 -0800 (PST)

Can someone tell me what is the function of the protruding metal stud on
the left hand side of my M2 and M3 just above the baseplate?  Is it
intended to accomodate an accessory of some kind?

Some of you refer to generation of 35mm f2 summicrons.  Can anyone tell me
where I could get a breakdown of the generations, their serial #'s and how
they differ qualitatively.  Mine is #2133xxx and I am very happy with it.

thanks
Damain