Subject: Roll Call
From: Arne Helme <arne@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:39:05 +0100

Arne Helme
Age 31, unmarried, no children
PhD in Computer Science
Enschede, The Netherlands

Nationality: Norwegian, I have lived most of my life north of the
arctic circle.  I moved to the Netherlands in 1992 to join a research
programme at one of the Dutch universities.

Currently, I am still living in the Netherlands working as a postdoc
on a grant from the Norwegian Research Council.  The research areas
are distributed systems and the (lack of) security in electronic
payment systems.

My primary hobby over last 15 years has been astronomy, but this hobby
has slowly evolved to cover photography as well.  I used to shoot with
my father's Canon Ftb until I could afford my own F3HP (and more
recently an M6).  Although my photographic skills do not (by far)
equal my investments in photographic equipment, I do enjoy using these
cameras a lot.  At least, I cannot blame the equipment whenever I
shoot poor quality pictures.  In that respect I am not much of a
practician yet---something I hope will change as I gain more
experience---particularly with the M6.  Thus, a hobbyist's approach to
photography.

I am to some extent also collecting cameras.  In my possession I also
have the cameras that were used by the older generations in my family:
my grand-granfather's old Kamera Werkstatten Pilot-6, my grandfather's
Rollei 35, and my father's Canon Ftb.

Camera gear:

Leica M6 chrome + 2.0/35mm ASPH (chrome)
Nikon F3 + 2.8/28 + 1.2/50 + 2.5/105 Nikkors (AIS)

Astro gear:

Celestron Celstar-8 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
Tele Vue Pronto 70mm spotting scope
Tele Vue 4.8mm, 9mm, and 20mm Naglers and 35mm Panoptic eyepieces

Wish list:

M-2 (or M-4)
10x50 Trinovid
2.8/21mm Elmarit-M ASPH
Small flash unit for the M6 (suggestions are welcome!)

- -- Arne
| Arne Helme (arne@acm.org)     "We are all in the gutter, but some of us |
| http://www.huygens.org/~arne    are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde |
|    PHONE: +31-53-4894178, FAX: +31-53-4894590, HOME: +31-53-4309352     |
| Informatica/SPA, Univ. Twente, Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, Netherlands   |