Subject: n5xrd: Roll Call
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:21:28 CST

I tried to send this before, but apparantly it got lost in cyberspace!,

- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: n5xrd
To: LUG
Subject: Roll Call
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:48:10 CST

LUG's

This looks like a good idea and is interesting and fun to find out more
about the LUGGERs we spend quite a bit of time with.

Richard William Hemingway

70 years old next month. Born Nov 1927 in Detroit, Michigan, of Canadian
parents (all relatives are Canadian).Married Vera, in 1947 and just
celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.  She was born of Swedish
parents, so we are both first generation in USA (my relatives have been
in Canada since the late 1770's.  - one fought for the British in the war
of 1812)

Three children and three grandchildren.

Education: University of Colorado, 1950, business; Southern Methodist
University School of Law, 1955; University of Michigan School of Law ,
1968. Started out as a practicing attorney and went into teaching in
1960.  Retired from the University of Oklahoma College of Law as Eugene
O. Kuntz Professor Emeritus of Oil, Gas, and Natural Resources Law  about
5 years ago. Consulted in the oil and gas field during career.  Wrote 10
books on oil and gas law - terrible plots.  Listed in Who's Who in
American Education, Who's Who in American Law and Who's Who in the World.

Health - good, but have had operations for prostate cancer and quadruple
by-pass heart surgery.  Now have no sign of cancer after 5 years and all
arteries are open with no heart damage and no restrictions except diet.

HEY - all you guys out there get your PSA test and cut down on the fat!

Lived in Michigan, Texas, Colorado and now Oklahoma in the USA.

Started in with photography at about the age of 8 or 9 with printing out
paper and have had a dark room of one kind or another until about 3 years
ago. At the end did mostly printing from chromes, had my office full of
them.  No more room now that I am retired and mostly project slides with
a Leica 2002P projector with  both a 90 colorplan CF and 90 Super
colorplan FF lens.  Have about 12,000 chromes, most of which are family
history, travel etc.  Had several thousand more but gave them to the kids
- - I think they are in boxes on the shelves, although I gave each of them
a projector and screen.  Can't get them away from the computers.

Have owned a lot of Nikon, Hasselblad and Leica equipment, and one or two
Contax cameras.  Presently have both an R8 and M6 and several lenses,
nothing exotic, nothing over f/2.0
- --------- End forwarded message ----------