Subject: Re: Getting serious
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:57:24 -0800

> >It seems that Adam's work is not "PC".=A0 I'm not really sure why.=A0
>=20
Frankly, I've never seen what people see in Adams' work.  Pretty, I'll
grant you.  But Ithink Adam's work, with the exception of a few images,
pretty soulless.  Give me Wynn Bullock anytime.  And John
Sexton?...well, his images are just alive with energy and reverence.  I
appreciate Adams for his technical acumen and for his enthusiasm and
dedication to what he loved.  Adams photographed the surface, Bullock
and Sexton captured/capture the universe at work.  They do with a
viewcamera and nature, what HCB and Ken Heyman do with people and
Leicas.

Donal Philby
San Diego