Subject: Re: Creating transparencies from colour negatives
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:49:30 -0800

At 11:44 AM 10/30/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>I should be able to mount my BELUN on a CL body using a screw to
>>bayonet adaptor - but does any company make a 35mm colour positive stock
>>which will allow negatives to be re-photographed and turned into
>>transparencies?
>

>Doug,
>
>A postive of a negative will still be a negative; you need to make a
>negative of a negative to get a positive.
>
>You can shoot your existing negs on negative film, and they will come out
>as positive transparencies.
>
>- Paul

Remember... negative camera film for prints, has an orange mask. I believe
there is a special negative duplicating film, for duping masked negatives,
and giving you a true positive transparency, sans mask. I don't know the
film number. I believe it's Kodak film. Probably a motion picture release
film. Someone else will have to add to this.

Jim

ps... I found this on the Kodak site

Professional Motion Imaging:

Color Release Films

EASTMAN EXR Color LC Print Film 5385 / 7385H-1-53853-94
EASTMAN EXR Color Print Film 5386 / 7386 / 2386/E / 3386/EH-1-53868-93