Subject: Re: Getting serious - Adams
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:28:41 -0500

Harrison wrote:

<<<The only reason many of the "artists" who are in vogue today can produce
their art is because they have garnered a government grant to produce this
trash.  My feelings are that if your work is not good enough to support
you, get a day job and do you art on the side. Don't expect me/my tax
dollars to pay for your horrible garbage that is only appreciated in the
stratosphere of the art world.>>>>>

Harrison,

Normally I wouldn't re-post a whole para but in this case I had to simply
because you hit the nail right on the head perfectly!

Over the years I have seen the most atrocious trash produced in the name of
art and created due to the "artist's ability" not to take pictures, but
writing ability creating a well worded piece of equal garbage. Scamming a
"grand grant of money" sometimes in the sum of $50, 000 from the Canada
Council to in the end produce an incredible amount of trash not worth
hanging in an outhouse!!

As you say, "Don't expect me/my tax dollars to pay for your horrible
garbage!"

I don't mind a well deserving photographer receiving assistance for a
project, but before they get any dollars,  I'd like to see them putting out
their own hard earned money up front first, proving their ability /
worthyness, rather than what we see too often, garbage whether shot with
Leica or not!

Whoa! I better get off this one real quick! :)

ted