Subject: Re: Master Adams versus frauds?
From: Michael Goldbard <m@gbard.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:00:36 -0800

Danny,

Thanks for putting this discussion in perspective.  The interested reader
might take a look at Edward Rothstein's recent critique in "The New York
Times" wherein he suggested that the problem with the NEA derives in part
from applying democratic standards to grant distribution rather than
encouraging excellence.  He pointed out that government arts patronage with
a different focus clearly works in several other countries.

	Michael