Subject: soft release
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 16:15:47 -0800

I just put one of Fred Wards soft releases on one of my R7's. It indeed,
does what it's supposed to. It gives a much more controlled feeling of the
shutter release. It works. And it's really simple. It simply extends the
release up away from the speed dial and gives you a large smooth round
release surface for your finger to push. All your finger feels is the
release. No more pushing the release down inside something else (speed dial
on R, winder on M). I like it.

Many thanks Fred,

Jim