Subject: Re: 70-180 Vario Apo Elmarit R
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 12:21:08 -0500

Jorge wrote:

<<<< At the beginning she was ready to give it back because of the size and
weight, but she decided to give it a serious try.  Now she is in love with
the lens!>>>>>

Hi Jorge,

Is Kati using a monopod?  I alwya hated using them unless when I was
covering Olympics and they were mandatory over tripods, but since learning
how to make it work with the 70-180 it has been a God send.

It's faster use, the arms and shoulders don't get as tried and there is a
higher perscentage of "sharp negatives and slides (I cn't imagine I
admitted that) :) But it is true!

If she hasn't worked with one, maybe she can borrow and see how easy they
can become to handle. I'm sure she'll find much advantage where she is
shoting candidly.

A pleasure to have met you both in Kennebunkport and like with all the
other LUGNUTS, we didn't have enough shared time just for LUGNUT bonding!
Hopefully next year we can build in a LUGNUT moment, specifically for the
LUGNUTS. :)

ted