Subject: Re: Larry Burrows
From: Jack Gottlob <sam@injersey.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 18:30:03 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 09:08 AM, you wrote:
> >I saw a BBC documentary on photography tonight. It's called Decisive
> >Moments: the photographs that made history. This time photographs of the
> >1960's were shown.
> >
> >Larry Burrows (with his Leica's) was shown photographing the Vietnam War
> >for Life Magazine.
> >Does anybody know of some books with the work of Larry Burrows in it? And
> >same the question also for the work of Tim Page.
>
> There's a book out  about a Requiem to Vietnam Photographers, can't
> remember the name, but Dirck Halstead, TIME photographer has just announced
> a web page on the subject. I haven't been there yet, but here's the URL.
> (should be up real soon!).
>
> http://digitaljournalist.org
>
> Enjoy! (By the way, the book is something like $55 USD. If I find the
> title, I'll let you all know).
> ==========
>
> Eric Welch
> St. Joseph, MO
> http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
> Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?The book is called "Requim" and is available at Barnes and Noble.  I was
looking through it the other day, and the photographs are so powerful and
so disturbing that I had to put the book down.  Didn't have my check book
with me, but as soon as I get back to the store, it's going into my book
collection.  The photos make you realize what a powerful tool photography
can be in the hands of someone who knows the difference between a photo
and a snapshot.
Jack Gottlob