Subject: No, Gerard ...
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:45:46 +0100

No, Gerard, it's not true. Neither with music nor with paintings.

Great Musicians or painters took & take great care in their compositions -
completely different to modern (e.g. motor/ winder or p&s or popular)
photography, where you shoot 1.70 m film, and hope you might have gotten the
one and only shot. The large number of photographers taking lots of pix of
the same subject is the only reason, that one of them _cannot avoid_ to have
a nice pic among the lot of garbage. Simply: the rule/law of large numbers ...

But, of course there are exeptions also. Rare exeptions. Not because they
might use a Leica - just because they either reflect and anticipate before
they act or immediately react on the one and only opportunity.

Alf