Subject: Roll Call
From: Jorge Fernandez <Jorge.Fernandez@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 03 Nov 1997 10:31:25 -0500

     I have recently joined the LUG and am still getting my feet wet.
     However, I'd like to introduce myself since I don't like to just lurk
     around in the dark.

     Jorge A. Fernandez
     Age: 38
     Kids: 3 - ages,8;5;10mths
     Wife: Kathleen (slowly being convinced of the Leica way)
     Profession: U.S.Gov't Liaison to the Kingdom of Spain
     Obsession: The feel of (old) Leica-M precision
     Residence: Madrid, Spain

     I have degrees in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering. For the last
     15 years I have been flight testing both military and civilian
     aircraft. Many times having had the opportunity to photograph from the
     cockpit. My love for photography started early with an inherited Canon
     FTb/50 lens kit. I began doing my own B&W darkroom work in my parent's
     apartment. Unnerving my folks while I ruined the sink. Lots of
     schooling, girlfriends, three kids and a career later, I am back to
     where I started. That is, looking to get back into the darkroom. Along
     the way I have managed to pick up the following Leica items:

        - M6 early Wetzlar                      - 35/2 latest version
        - M3DS, second series                   - 35/3.5 with eyes
        - M2 Black                              - 50DR w/eyes
        - CLE                                   - 50/2 seven element
        - IIIfRD                                - 90/2.8 Tele Elmarit-M
        - IIIa                                  - 135/4 Elmar
        - MR4 Black Paint                       - 200/4 Telyt

     Currently looking for an M4, 21/3.4, and noctilux.
     I've had an assortment of many, many other Leica bodies and lenses
     over the years and I'm sure there will be many more. This seems to be
     the current lineup for the time being. I always try to keep a core
     group that I can depend on. My photo tastes lean to travel and
     landscapes. On more than one occasion I've been tempted to go pro and
     dedicate all my energies; the fear is that I'll also lose all the fun.
     I've been published several times and sometimes I donate my services
     for children's groups.
     Something about the feeling I get when I walk around with the M2 that
     inspires and motivates me toward creativity. I have other 35mm as well
     as medium format equipment (mostly for landscape)...but who cares.
     Someone was looking for advice on bags. I am the consummate bag rat.
     My favorite though, is the Domke Satchel. I can carry everything I
     need including a vivitar 283, filters, and the large Leitz ball head
     with tripod. I'll usually have the M6 or other body, and three lenses.
     Its a very comfortable bag and best of all, it doesn't look the part.
     I look forward to sharing experiences with you all. Thank you for the
     opportunity.

     Jorge

     p.s. I hope someone is gathering all of these up for future
     publication. I would love to read them all. My browser does not allow
     me to cut out portions of the digest I like.