Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: jay coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 22:50:28 -0500

Jay Coleman
New York, New York

Age: 33
Married: 4 years
Children:  none
Education:  BA in History from Yale, JD from Georgetown

I am an attorney by profession, photographer by avocation.  I started
photographing at a very early age.  I think my first camera was a little
plastic thing that I glued together myself.  I then got a Kodak
Instamatic and then a Poloroid.  My first "serious" camera was a Retina
IIa; my father got it for me after he got tired of my borrowing his
Nikon S3.  That was in ninth grade; I took a photography course.  My
grandfather was a serious amateur photographer.  He studied with Adolf
Fassbinder and submitted prints to exhibitions all over the country as a
member of the PSA.  I have all his cameras now; they are listed below.
I also had his darkroom for a while.  My other "formal" photography
training consists of courses at the International Center of Photography
and a seminar by Ted Grant in Kennebunkport.:)

Leica Equipment:
1 R8
1 180/3.4 APO
1 100/2.8 APO
1 80/1.4 Summilux
1 35/2.0 Summicron
1 21/4.0 Super Angulon

Other Equipment:
1 Canon Elph
1 Olympus XA
1 Agfa 5x7 view camera -- quite old (given to me by a great uncle)
1 Rolleiflex 2.8F
more accessories (tripods, bags, filters, etc.) than you can shake a
stick at

>From Grandfather:
1 Contax IIa
1 50/1.5 Zeiss
1 35/3.5 Nikkor
1 Super Ikonta A
1 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Speed Graphic with a 105mm Zeiss Jena Tessar
1 Graflex SLR (very old)

Tempted by the M6 but resisting so far!