Subject: Bill Larsen's 4/90 Elmar
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 18:37:56 -0500

This should be a '65 three-element lens.  One quick test is to check the
minimum aperture:  if it is f/32 on a rigid lens, I believe it has got to
be a three-element lens.

Screw the collectors (shame!):  get a Bellows II and hie at it.  Or sell
your Rare Lens for much money and buy an earlier 4/90 AND a 2.8/90 Elmarit
with the proceeds and have two lens choices on your bellows.

I shot most of the pictures in my two books with either a 4/90 (four
element) on a Leica Bellows II and M6 or on a Hassie 2000 with 5.6/135
S-Planar.  No huhu with either rig, as both function flawlessly.  Time and
again.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!