Subject: Thanks for sound advice and another question: Why is that?
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 21:52:35 -0500

Dear Ted et all.

Thank you for taken the time to share your experiences.  I am touched by the
reaction that my message has caused!  Yes, Ted, I listened to you in
Kennebunkport.  But do you know how hard it is to move it from "between the
ears" first to "your heart" and then to "the finger" that pushes the shutter
release?

Few days ago my wife Katariina helped a friend with some pictures for the
inauguration of her Murals at a school.  Present was the mayor of our city
that is a professional photographer and has his own photography business.
There was also the press photographer from the local county section of
Atlanta Journal and Constitution.  My wife came home very upset because of
the proud and obnoxious attitude of these professional photographers.
Similar attitude I have noticed when you go to the 'professional' section of
our local Wolf Camera store in the 14th street.  Some of those guys treat
you like you are an idiot.

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm one guy made the comment:
<<<<<<<<<<<< You think it bad on the newsgroup,  you should see how it is in
photo schools.
 RIT, Boooks, Art Center you name it.  Lots of times students will not talk
 each other.  If they do, it's only interdepartmental.  The Industrial
people
 don't talk to the Illustrative people.  Image Science definitely will not
talk
 to General Photo and so forth.
Photo has always been that way.   As a whole, it is not a group that hangs
 together.

How sad!  Why is that?

In this group it is very different!  What a pleasure.

Again, thanks y'all (now he speaks southern, gimme a break!) for a great
time.

Jorg from Snellville