Subject: Re: Roll Call
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:46:36 +0000

My name is Mark Bishop. I live in London and Brighton, England. Age 29.
Unmarried but living with Sarah, 30. No kids.

Photographic experience: Bought my first camera aged 11, member of a camera club
about that time. Learnt to process & print mono at school a year later. Worked
Saturdays and holidays in camera shops to make ends meet from age 14 through
University (Degree in Media Studies, Sussex University, Brighton).

Occupation: journalist. Have worked on UK car magazines (Autocar, Performance
Car, Carweek [deceased] and now as a troubleshooter at IPC Magazines (we
publish, among 70-odd titles, Amateur Photographer and Photo Technique
magazines).

Equipment: Nikon 35Ti for happy snaps, Leica M6 and 35 1.4 Summilux ASPH for the
more thoughtful stuff. Photographic philosophy: 'The Zen of photography' - I use
just the one camera, lens and film (Sensia) for all my serious photography so I
can get to know them well. Also I strive for realism/super-realism - hence the
35mm lens and real-time rangefinder camera. Used to prefer real graphic
photography (pushed Tri-X onto Grade 5 Agfa paper in my medium-format mono days)
but concluded it was a gimmick. Favourite subjects: anything, but plenty of
travel. Might consider upgrading to the rumoured M6W to enable me to use the new
24mm ASPH (I can't be doing with a separate finder) - I agree with (was it
Robert Capa's) quote that "if your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close
enough".