Subject: Re: Comrade Che: Leica Subject
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:43:45 -0500

At 08:20 AM 11/5/97 +0100, Alf Breull wrote:
>I'm a little confused. It was in Nikon News, about 15 y ago. They showed
>several contact prints, and said that they were taken with a Nikon.

And is this the FIRST time that Nikon has claimed credit where no credit
was due?  <yeah, yeah, yeah, large grinny face emoticon for Roger>

I doubt if a pro in Cuba in '61 would have had a Nikon, in any event,
though such is possible.  But Nikon didn't really get into professional use
until the F came out, and that was a new, new, new camera in '61.

The article said, "Leica".  That's all I know.  Cuba, even without
Communism, is not especially interesting to me, although I suspect it
should be, as it has a rich culture and every Cuban I've met has been a
wonderful and charming person.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!