Subject: Re: I agree with Ted - not Margaret
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 10:36:40 -0500

Marvin wrote:

<<< and we budgeted our film so that we never shot the same picture twice.
No bracketing - just shoot & move on to the next scene.>>>>>

Marvin,
I've shot in similar fashion, as it makes you look harder at the subject
for the best angle and light, invariably coming home with a  higher number
of keepers.

I confess "here in public for the first time! a Big Expose'!" :) The worst
case of "shootitist syndrome" I ever had was during an assignment in Russia
several years ago. Ending with 90% of the stuff in file 13 waste bucket

I had a Leica Mini P&S and it was handy to keep in pocket for those, "oh
gee look at that!, snap snap" kind of thing. In three weeks I blew through
52, 36 exposre Kodachrome rolls in that one camera. Which had nothing to do
with the "working assignment" rolls.

Complete over kill! I was re-acting & clicking at whatever I saw with
tourista eyes, like some mad man shooting snap shots to show family. It
doesn't work without a "thought process" before the click!

This was a prime example of whether using a Leica or not, there isn't any
excuse for blowing away film in such a dumb manner. OK OK I learned my
lesson! :)

ted