Subject: Re: Attitude adjustment......
From: Jorg Willems <jorg@salesmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:12:21 -0500

Duane Birkey wrote:
>I used to work for Wolf doing commercial sales in the Chicago area. I
>would suggest you fill out a Customer service/complaint card and tell
>Chuck Wolf about how you were treated

And that's what I did. Once I wrote a letter how I was treated when I
purchased a Metz flash for over $700 and had to wait over 4 weeks for the
Leica TTL adapter. I don't want and need to get into the details, but
basically they gave me the run around that my 'salesman' was not in and
that the long waiting time shouldn't surprise me because nobody with his
right mind is using Leica. (Ok, ok, I exaggerated a little bit, but that's
how it came across).
Another time I wrote him a letter because I had to wait 6 weeks for a power
supply of a studio flash that broke in the first months of it use. It was a
cheap, small Novotron system that my wife uses to travel light for portrait
sessions outside the house. They insinuated that I got what I paid for: a
cheap system. I didn't appreciate that, because they had a tremendous
promotional program and the salesman promised the moon.

I would like to believe that I am polite and without a complaining
attitude. Both letters were polite and to the point.
I never heard anything form Mr. Wolf.

I can see your point with people asking all kind of questions and then
ordering things through the mail. The same thing is happening in the
audiophile business. It's not easy for the local retail shops. We have
close to our home a professional photo shop, the 'Photobarn'. We like to
buy our films and chemicals there. The people behind the counter know us
and it's a pleasure to go there. Unfortunately they don't carry Leica.

Regards Jorg