Subject: Re: I agree with Ted - not Margaret
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:11:10 +0100

Marvin,

it's similar with Egon Schiele (the 2nd most important European
expressionist) or Toulouse-Lautrec also. It is known, that the last one used
to paint no less than 87 portraits of the same person (Avril), and washed it
off with benzine till he was happy with his result. Different van Gogh, who
publihsed each pic, but signed exclusively the important ones with "Vincent"
(which were important to him). That's the reason we know that he was still
learning & trying very hard at the age of 28 (see his clumsy graphics on
potatoe eaters portraits or farmers).

Alf