Subject: Should I keep M5?
From: "Matthew A. Cenzer" <mcenzer@nwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 17:00:55 -0600

Greetings
I need some advice. For a few years now I have been using a Leica M5. I
like the camera very much and have been very pleased with its performance.
Lately, however, I have heard that M5 prices are going up as they become
more collectable. I would conservatively rate the M5 at mint-, with only a
couple of v. small marks near the hinge on the back. I am primarily a user
and not a collector. Am I putting a "collectors piece" at risk by using it?
Should I sell/trade the M5 and get something more recent? I am leaning
toward an M6 because I like to have a built-in meter avaliable when I want
it. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
M. Cenzer

- --
Matthew A. Cenzer
Department of History