Subject: I need M lens suggestions....28...or 90?
From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:42:32 -0800

I started with 35 & 50, then wanted to be able to get a shot standing off a little.  I tried the 90 Elmar collapsable, but did not like what I thought was lower contrast and the slow speed (f/4).  I did not like the weight of the 90 Summicron, so I bought the 90 Elmarit-M.  It is a good weight compromise, and at 2.8 still lets me get the shots, such as at ballet class, etc.  The results are superb.

Also consider a 135 Hector if speed is not a problem (4.5), and the cost of a 90 Elmarit-M is too high.

While the contrast is lower than the newest lenses, this Hector is no slouch, and can be found for $125 - $180.  See the review at http://wanda.phl.pond.com/~lhsa/articles/hektor.html

Bob