Subject: Re: Should I keep M5?/ Yes
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 22:35:26 -0500 (EST)

Marvin wrote:

> Matthew - go ahead and use your M5.  While it is slightly larger than a
> standard "M" - if you like it ---use it as too many were made for it to ever
> become a rare collectors item  -- 23,150 black & 10,750 chrome.  Prices
> are at an all time high for it now, for no special reason since it no longer
> is the only "M" with a meter.  However I do know of a chap that bought 2
> new M5s; a black one to use & the chrome to put away for an investment.

> Now would be a good time to sell your M5 only if you wanted to replace
> it with a M6.
...and why, in Heaven's name, would one want to do that?  As the ecstatic
owner of one chrome and one black M5, I see no advantages over the M6 (and I
own one of them also).

The M5 meter is far more selective than the M6 meter (and every bit as
accurate and dependable).  The camera also has a self-timer and is overall
far more robust.  Construction seems far more in keeping with the quality
and durability of the earlier Ms.

Curt