Subject: Re: 35/2 light falloff
From: "Robert Ardinger, Jr." <rardinge@kuhub.cc.ukans>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 22:06:52 -0600

Thanks to those who have provided information so far.  The lens I have
is relatively recent, 3.55x.xxx (i errored by typing 35x.xxx)and the
lens hood is the small square on that has two tabs that fit in the
corresponding cutouts on the lens.  I have a leica uv filter that I am
going to try on the 35 (I had been using a heliopan). It appears to be a
bit thinner when mounted than the heliopan. Could a filter ring make
falloff worse when the lens is wide open than when stopped down? (i.e. I
know from other past blunders that hoods, filter rings vingnette but I
assumed since they were physical obstructions they would cause the same
effect in every picture regardless of the settings

Thanks

Robert