Subject: Re: I respectfully agree with Ted ;-)
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 23:10:43 +0000

> Shooting something like this sorts out the "machine gun shooter" from the
> "single shot shooter" because volume of film isn't available with only one
> roll.  Simply put, "more doesn't make you better, unless you are paying
> attention and know what you are doing!"

Ted,

All any news shooter had to do to learn how to shoot without wasting film
was to work for UPI.  I covered the ENTIRE womens final four in Atlanta
on 8 rolls of film.  8 rolls for 3 tournament games, one of which decided
the national title.  They guy sitting next to me from USA Today shot that
much in one quarter of one game.  I still made front of the Washington
Times and every other paper in the States who still carried UPI at the
time.  I had a shot no-one else covering the tourney had (the photo can
be seen on my sports page.  It is the shot of Sheryl Swoops cutting down
the net.).  The reason I used so little film was because we did not have
film.  UPI was so cheap/broke at this point they did not have film to
waste and we had to cover the tournament then head to Augusta to cover
the Masters as soon as we got the photos from the final game on the
network. (this was one of the ganes where I had to duct tape the 300mm
lens to my R6).

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto