Subject: M5 vs M6
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 00:19:52 -0700

LUGs,

One of you wants to part with his M5. Personally, I love the M5 inspite of
its size and mechanical complexity. In particular, I prefer its viewfinder,
which does not minify as much as that of the M6.

Still, I feel that the M6 is probably worth more than its predecessor, even
in mint- condition. Recently, I saw M5s offered at around $1250.- in e+
condition.

My M5 is old and shows many signs of a hard life. However, it is in
excellent mechanical condition and I prefer its meter to that of the M6.
Still, the meter of the M6 is incredibly accurate. I frequently use it as a
reference to calibrate my other meters.

Currently, I am spending most of my free time exploring MF. This is why you
do not hear from me very often on this forum.

Best of Light,

Chris