Subject: Re: Larry Burrows & Tim Page
From: Kari Eloranta <eloranta@lammio.hut.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 97 09:49:46 +0200

Jack,

NPR is one of the oasis' in american media. It's just that this
sort of thing by them rubs me the wrong way. Yet another thing about
Vietnam. Promoted under the title of "fresh air". I find it a bit
pathetic.

The shooters did a great service in V. and almost certainly
shortened the war by a significant amount and thereby saved lives.
The fallen ones in particular should be remembered. I just think
that this is a rather stale way of proceeding. Especially since
there have been many conflicts afterwards and serious media problems
related to them. Study them and dedicate the findings to the
courageous ones.

I think these guys were there to report the workings of the
machinery (state/war) and not to become entries in coffee table
books.

Regards,

Kari

PS. I lived in US for many years. After the first one and a half
years I sold my TV. Could'd bear the crap anymore - essentially just
channel 13 to watch (the public one). Radio was pretty much the
same. I did appreciate the few alternatives there were. NPR was a
link to sanity indeed.