Subject: Re: Contax G1/G2 Lenses
From: Krzysztof Szecowka <szecowka@ch.wssk.wroc.pl>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 21:54:59 +0100

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 06:28 PM 11/8/97 +-100, Gerd wrote:
> >I saw a modified Zeiss Hologon (from the Contax G1/G2) for Leica M
> use.
> >Is it possible to modify/use other Zeiss G1/G2 Lenses with Leica M?
> For
> >example, a Biogon 21 mm? Any experiences?
>
> Zorkendorfer recommends the Contax 21mm over the Contax or Contarex
> 4.5/21
> Biogon for conversion to LBM.  Frankly, I don't believe any of us
> would be
> able to see the difference in their performance.
>
> Marc
>
> Marc James Small
> Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
> FAX:  +540/343-7315

Dear LUGers,

I understand the desire to convert the cheaper and still perfect Contax
lenses to the beloved Leica mount, but the cost balance indicates the
other solution - to buy a Contax G body and use it with the dedicated
lenses. It saves the money and gives some extras (TTL flash e.g.). I am
Leica and Contax G user and I don't feel like a traitor. Just use my
cameras and I'm satisfied.

Chris