Subject: Re: M7????
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 97 18:10:16 -0400

>There are legal implications to pre-announcing things. Microsoft has gotten
>in trouble for doing it. And I think many businesses have taken up the
>practice of not mentioning products before release for this reason. But I
>think a better way to handle it is the way Canon has for a while. Just say
>"We don't comment on future products."

Roger Horn said basically "We don't comment on future products," when he
talked to the group in Maine a couple of weeks ago, then went on to say
that there were no major changes to the M6 coming up soon. He explained
why there will not be an M6W, for practical reasons, and that they do not
plan to do an electronic M6.

He said he "knew nothing" about the Tri-Elmar, but said it in a
"nudge-nudge, wink-wink" fashion, so that is subject to interpretation.
Prehaps he was making a joke about the detailed rumors about it, prehaps
he was hinting that the rumors are true. I assumed the latter, but that's
how rumors get perpetuated. He was quite friendly and approachable.

- - Paul