Subject: Re: M7???? How about the CL2????
From: Jack & Christine Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 18:04:57 -0600

dannyg1@IDT.NET wrote:

> Pete,
>
> > I've been away for a while putting the R8 through its paces. What is
> > happening in the rumor mill regarding the M7 come 1998? I saw something a
> > while back that indicated that an electronic shutter was to be grooved in.
> > What of the metering?
>
> Leica has officially denied plans for any of the following:
>
> The electronic M6E
> The M6W (which they've reasonably explained would have too much lens barrel
> viewfinder blockage)
> M6T or consumer version of the M6J viewfindered M6, which they've said has been
> problematic (I remember Roger writing something to this effect. Roger?)
>
> The Tri-Elmar or Tri-mar 28-50 pseudo-zoom.
>
> The R8.2 mechanical and R9 AF.
>
> For your consideration, Leica also denied any plan for an R8 right up until the day the
> thing came out. They do seem a bit to comfortable putting out white lies IMO.
>
> Danny Gonzalez

From what I've heard...A "CL-2"--- which will be an interchangeable lens
version of the Mini-lux--- is still "right in there" ---and may be
introduced at the next Photokina (1998). In the meantime, I think you
will see R's and M's as usual from the Germans...until the Deutsch-mark
picture dictates other-wise....After all they DO HAVE STOCK-HOLDERS to
contend with NOW!

Apparently Leica "mini" -manufacture with Panasonic and Hoya - has been
"goot" for deutschland...

Hey, we can't complain...we have/are making $$$ with the 'mini's."

And the CL-2 rumor has been pretty steady for over a year now...with NO
DIRECT DENIAL by Solms!

So...with our ears to the wall...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton