Subject: RARE LENS FOUND!!! AND A LUG-NUT OWNS IT!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 22:11:22 -0500

Arnold

I believe you have one of the 11910 2.8/180 Tele-Elmarit lenses for the
Viso.  First, this lens is extremely rare:  only about 250 were produced,
and all were sold through ELNY.  This lens was so rare that it never was
mentioned in conventional Leitz literature, merely a listing in a single
edition of the ELNY price list.

This lens was produced in 1965.  I understand it is identical optically to
the first version of the 2.8/180 Elmarit-R.

Go for it, kid:  you're shooting with a $3,500 lens!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!