Subject: Re: Leica vs Audi
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 10:30:50 CST

Phil,

>(E.g. - one quattro list member offered to help me diagnose a problem
> in the engine management unit.  I shipped it to the USA - at his own
> expense and in his own time he removed the ROM chip, dumped the code,
> disassembled it and sent me a copy.  Another list member offered to
> drive a 400 mile round trip to help another fix an engine.)

One member of the LUGs in Europe has offered to send me a lens to use for
several months until I had one of mye own, at his expense.  It turned out
that I didn't need to do that - but I was, am, grateful for the offer.  I
think that there are a lot of acts of kindness between LUGs that don't
necessarily appear on the LUG

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK