Subject: Re: If Eric Says So
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 11:55:41 -0500

I was wondering that if the term "APO" was not, perhaps,  a tradewark for
their apochromatic lenses, and like Bayer's trademarked name for
acetylsalicylic acid, Aspirin, it became a generic appelation? My impression
was that apochromatic referred to a greater degree of color correction in a
lens, and was an optical term, and that APO was just a shortened form of
this.