Subject: Gathering at Photokina
From: "bill erfurth" <photophoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 14:23:08 PST

Hi Gang,

I am not sure who came up with the idea, but I think that the idea of
gathering at Photokina is Cologne (Koln) next September is a good one.

First of all, travel to and in Germany is far less expensive than you
may think.  September is a great time to travel in Germany becuase it is
the off season and the weather is usually quite good.

Round trip airfare should run you about $500-$600 (or less) if you catch
the sale the airlines run every year in Late January and early February.

If you want to rent a car, I have a broker that I use who will rent you
a Hertz car for much less that you would pay Hertz directly.

Cologne is a good central location.

There is a group in Solms that does a big camera swap each year, and if
we contacted them, maybe they would schedule it for around that period
of time.

I think the idea is worth serious consideration.  Maybe someone could
suggest it to LHSA.

Regards,
Bill Erfurth