Subject: Re: Luggers from Minnesota
From: "Glen M. Robinson"<gmrobinson@imation.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:40:01 -0600

fld@mozcom.com on 11/10/97 12:36:54 AM

Please respond to leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

To:   leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
cc:    (bcc: Glen M. Robinson/DSP/Imation)
Subject:  Luggers from Minnesota

I am from near Saint Paul, Minnesota.  The temperature this morning was 28
degrees F at my house and the skies are cloudy with light snow falling.
The first snowfall of the season,two inches, that fell early last week has
melted.  This weekend was reasonably warm; the temperature rose to 38
degrees.  We raked leaves and did our annual winter preparation outdoor
chores. Virtually all the leaves have now fallen.

November is our month of major weather changes. The first major snowstorm
of the season often arrives during our Thanksgiving holiday (November 27
this year) although a snowstorm on Halloween (October 31) in 1991 dropped
32 inches of snow.  The Thanksgiving snow and subsequent snowfalls stay on
the ground until mid-March.  The temperature can drop below zero degree F
at any time now, but commonly after Thanksgiving.  The coldest temperature
that I have experienced at my house in the country was -42 degrees F two
Januarys ago.  On the average 45 inches of snow falls each year.

Minnesota is a beautiful state and there is something for everyone.  I use
Leicas for football photography during the fall; I have two more games to
photograph.  Write me privately for more information.

Glen Robinson
gmrobinson@imation.com

Hello Luggers,

Are there any members of this list from Minesotta ? St Paul, Minneapolis ?
I'd like to know how the weather is at this time of the year ? I might be
heading there sometime this month, before December ?
What are places to see ? of interest ? in this part of the USA ?
Would appreciate some feedback.
Regards
Ferdinand