Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #744
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:12:44 -0600

At 04:44 PM 11/10/97 -0600, you wrote:

>my unasked advice for aspiring press photographers: Forget it.=A0 It's not
>worth.=A0 I've heard of reporters and photographers who died in the jungles
>of Asia, the sands of Middle East.=A0 For what?=A0 For a few column inches=
 in
>a newspaper?=A0 For a few seconds on a television screen?=A0 Their names,=
 once
>famed, are remembered by few.=A0 Forget it.
>=A0=A0=A0=A0 But for me, I'd do it all again.=A0 Hopefully with a raise.

I know what you mean. But I think there is more to it than getting an ego
boost from getting in a magazine. We've all been through that, got the
rush, and now that part of it is old hat. The real reason photographers go
to war is not for ego, but for what Robert Capa (one of the best war
photographers of all time) said:

"I want to become unemployed war photographer."
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He prayeth best, who loveth best all things both great and small; For the
dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all.

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner"