Subject: Re: Info on Leica Binocs...
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 07:56:39 -0800

>> I chatted with a few LUGers about Leica binocs...still trying to get some
>> more input, I would like to know about any experiences with the 8
>> X32,8X42,10X42 Ultra's or older Trinovid.....

For compact size and optics, the Ultra 8X32 binocular is a tremendous
optical instrument.  It focuses very close for a binocular.

My second most favorite binocular is the armored 7X42 Trinovid.  This
binocular is very lightweight and when you look through it, the image cuts
through the distance and presents a clear image like no other.

I have the 7X42 Ultras but I find them heavy.

The 8X20's from Zeiss and Leica are compact but their small exit pupils
leaves me desiring the larger 8X32 binoculars.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA USA