Subject: Re: on the run
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 97 07:55:35 -0800

I can load my Nikons almost with my eyes closed, but I feel
>like I'm all thumbs with my M6.
>jack gottlob

Jack,

I use mostly short lenses, so after rewinding I just flip the body upside
down on the strap, stick the baseplate in my teeth, flip it rightside up to
catch the film canister coming out the bottom, flip it back upside down,
take the new canister, place it partially in the camera,  pull on the
leader to the length of the camera base, shove it in, set the leader in the
take up spool w/ my little finger and a quick check under the pressure
plate to see its straight, base plate back on, three snap and winds, snug
the rewind knob, fourth snap and wind while watching if the rewind knob
spins - you are ready to go.  It takes me about 20 sec to do it and you can
do it in the dark if you have to it just takes a little longer.  On the run
you just have to be sure the camera stays the direction you flip it.  In
the days of the revolver,cops would say the fastest reload was a second gun
and a second camera body has saved many a shot for me too.

BTW I'm not trying to tell you something you don't already know, I just
thought that I if I ran through the way I did it, it might help you.

Thanks
Mark