Subject: Pix Manipulations (was: Bombay ...)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:49:41 +0100

All those fanatastic Photoshop etc changements, improvements, or other
manipulations are the same to me as excluding unwanted data from a
scientific study. Specially, in the context of having "... images that
sell". I bet, you'd be not so pleased, if you found out, that you rely on
manipulated results in a field with is important to you personally.

Once there was a time when photographers were proud to show the negative
borders in their prints also, just to indicate, that the pic was actually
intended the way it shows...

Alf
PS: This is no reply to a special LUG. The quote is just to indicate a
meanwhile general attitude.