Subject: Re: Canon 501.8 vs Leica Summitar 50 f2
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 13 Nov 97 10:31:00 GMT

Gabe,
I've a very decemented (demented?!) Summitar. I like to use it with a Leica
II on French holidays (why the French ones, I don't know, probably homage to
Cartier Bresson!)
But it has serious flare in the centre of the picture now looking almost
like a ghostly glow. Useful for some portraits perhaps but not much else...
If it gets like that, then I'd keep it but prefer to use the Canon.

Jem