Subject: Re: Leica R6 & R6.2
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 06:44:45 -0700

On 13 Nov 97,  Doug Williams (R) wrote:

<snip>

>I do realize the R bodies are made to
> last, but I am looking for a bit more depth as to what makes the R
> bodies so rugged and expensive.

To say that they are because they are is trite, but true.

Economics of scale apply and Leica doesn't sell as many, so engineering=20
and production costs are spread over fewer units out the door.

It's the price you pay if you want to use Leica glass. That's all there=20
is to be said. I literally bought an R6.2 in order to use the 100mm=20
Elmarit APO! That one lens was my raison d'=EAtre.

- --
Roger Beamon =20
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         =20
          Thought for the day:
      Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
      of becoming a Capitalist.