Subject: Re:Exposure with viso
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 10:41:49 -0500

There has been some postings on using the Viso units and figuring exposure.
Here is what I do when using a non-metered body.

I take an incident reading from the position of the object to be
photographed. I then place at the object's position an exposure factor
chart that I xeroxed from page 28 of the Spring 1951 issue of Leica
Photography. (I made a copy and laminated it between two layers of thick
acetate.) (Another version of this chart is printed on page 18 of issue 3,
1963 Leica Photography.) It allows me to read the correction factors
directly through the viewfinder. I adjust the exposure accordingly , remove
the chart and shoot. Works every time and is simple. It works for any focal
length.

This allows relatively rapid exposure calculation without regard to the
focal length of lens used

Cheers!

kw

- ----