Subject: Many are Cold, Few are Frozen
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:24:43 -0500

At 08:26 PM 11/15/97 -0500, Ted Grant, fount and gent, wrote in honest
puzzlement:
>As far as I'm concerned 3200 even in a freezer and frozen solid will be
>affected. Is this technically true? I haven't got a clue. I just know it
>can be in the freezer for 6 months and when you go to use it and compare
>negs after being in the freezer to negs that were exposed when you first
>got the film and there is a distinct overall "fog" look.

ANY film will be fogged by cosmic rays over a period of time.  I have one
last roll of Panatomic-X that I am going to shoot, one of these days, for
old times sake.  It has been frozen for a decade.  Even it is probably near
the end of its useful life, so I'd best excuse myself while I got and use
it ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!