Subject: Airport Security
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 14:02:14 +0100

My wife and I went to London two years ago and had a great time there. She
bought a Billingham 225 (cheap!) and I bought a Benbo Trekker tripod (also
cheap). Because we had to vacate the hotel room at noon and our flight
wasn't until 6 p.m. we dropped off our luggage at the Heathrow luggage dept.

Every bag and suitcase is X-rayed there. I had a good laugh when I saw my
suitcase going though the machine. In my suitcase I saw four diagonally
placed bright green tubes. The operator called a colleague and together
they looked quite seriously at the screen while undoubtfully discussing the
potential danger of my suitcase. Eventually they moved on to an suitcase.
I had placed my new tripod diagonally into my suitcase.
=========
Bert Keuken