Subject: M grip
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:30:34 -0600

At 09:17 AM 17/11/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Also,  I really dislike neck straps hanging from my cameras, and even with
>my Passport garantee, would rather not have my new investment dropping out
>of my hand... Anyone use the  Leica "M-grip"?

I use the grip, but also with the neck strap.  The tripod socket on the
grip is closer to the centre, which allows the camera to be centred better
on a tripod.
   The grip does not have to be removed from the baseplate when changing
film, which is also nice.  The grip and baseplate come off as one unit.

   I like the feel handholding with the grip, but find it more comfortable
to use when shooting horizontally compared to vertically, because I hold
the camera vertically with the grip pointing up, much like with SLRs that
have the same kind of hand grip ergonometric styling.

- -GH